We provide the level of service required by a PCN or Federation, in the way that suits the individual PCN or Federation. For some PCNs/ Federation we employ and co-manage the team and for others we provide contracted services or simply provide advice and ad-hoc support as needed, for example currently we are providing:
- The entire management function to a large (29 practice) Federation.
- Contracted support to another four Federations
- A full financial management package to 6 PCNs including the portal management for ARRS staff.
- A range of ‘add on’ services to support at scale working (see other Howbeck services).
- Access to a specialist HR service designed to meet the needs of PCNs and practices.
- Interim PCN Manager support to PCNs
- A review of PCN Network Agreements
- Support in recruiting to a PCN Manager vacancy, including providing a PCN Manager Induction and Mentorship Programme
Our Current Clients
- South Cheshire and Vale Royal GP Alliance
- North Staffordshire GP Federation
- Primary Care Cheshire
- East Staffordshire PCN
- Mercian Network
- Newcastle Central PCN
- Newcastle South PCN
- Moorlands and Rural PCN
- Leek and Biddulph PCN
- Shelton and Hanley PCN
- West Lancashire GP Federation
- Liverpool Networks Alliance
- Bath & North East Somerset Enhanced Medical Services
- Chester East PCN
- Ellesmere Port PCN
- Wallasey Wellbeing PCN
What our clients say about our support
"Howbeck Healthcare has provided the North Staffordshire GP Federation with management support since we set ourselves up. The support has always been effective and has ranged from helping us set up our Company structure, project management support, practical input, setting up arrangements with our partners and writing successful bids for funding. Their support has been an important factor in our success so far". - Ian Gibson, Business Manager, North Staffordshire GP Federation
"Thank you, this was extremely useful for the PCN and the practices too". - PCN Clinical Director, Moorlands and Rural PCN
"We have found that working with Howbeck has been a positive experience for us. Their understanding and knowledge of how Federations like ours operate within the system saved a lot of time and added richness to the analysis with Howbeck holding a mirror up to ourselves and taking stock. The team that interviewed our key stakeholders for us were professional, engaged and enthusiastic. We are really pleased with the output of our joint working our new BEMS Strategy and this will give us a strong focus as we look forward to the future." - Business Director, Banes Enhanced Medical Services
"Howbeck supported our PCN with the implementation of EMIS PCN Hub. They were extremely knowledgeable and well organised, supporting us through a technical process superbly. Their technical team liaised with EMIS, expertly project managed the process and supported our team to enable them to take over at the end of the project. Howbeck have also supported us with an interim Digital and Transformation Manager whilst we appointed to a vacant post. They provided flexible support over a period of 6 months and far exceeded our expectations. We wouldn’t hesitate to use Howbeck again in the future". - Clinical Director, Newcastle South PCN
Information on our PCN Network Agreement Review.