Howbeck Healthcare worked in partnership with North Staffordshire GP Federation to successfully secure a bid for funding from NHS England to support practices to appoint clinical pharmacists to work in General Practice.
In May 2016, four clinical pharmacists have successfully been appointed to work across 5 GP Practices in North Staffordshire.
Practices in North Staffordshire who have benefited from the appointment of clinical pharmacists are:
- Mayfield Surgery
- Willowbank Surgery
- Werrington Surgery
- Harley Street Medical Centre
- Well Street Medical Centre
This project has helped practices to:
- Sustain primary care;
- Increase the medical workforce numbers in primary care;
- Attract new workforce to the local health economy
- Add skill mix, with standardised minimum expertise, within primary care;
- Act in an enabling role, helping to reduce the primary care healthcare team’s workload;
- Bring new talent to the NHS